Monday, January 30, 2012

Monday, January 30, 2012

Sorry for disappearing. I have (once again) a TON going on in my life right now. My husband has been really, really sick with a mysterious lung infection. We know it was pneumonia right before Christmas and it's now cleared up but he keeps getting worse when he goes off of steroids. That's kept me plenty busy since he can't do much right now. Oh and let's not even talk about work. Ai, yi, yi, yi!

I'm having my own health problems as well. I've been having some chest pain off and on for several months now. Could be my heart, could be my gall bladder, could be anxiety. I'm hoping it's the latter but I'll keep you posted. I've got an echocardiogram and EKG tomorrow. My insurance company denied my doctor's request for a stress test but if the two tests come back funky, they may approve it based on medical necessity. My bloodwork did come back a little odd; my platelets were high so I have to go back for another draw tomorrow to see whether or not that was just an anomaly. Bloodwork always gets me nervous because I've had "odd" bloodwork before. In fact, I had to see an oncologist a few years back for several months until my blood was back to normal. I hope this isn't another issue like that. As long as it's not serious, I'm fine with whatever, LOL. Don't Google high platelet counts...you'll convince yourself that you have cancer or some other crazy disease. Ugh.

Anyway...despite going out of town last week for a night (and eating at Ihop, LOL), I managed to lose 1.6 lbs. and 0.5% body fat. Yay me! I didn't get a chance to work out but I'm getting back on the train this week. I'm hanging in here...even if I'm not posting my food and whatnot everyday.

3 comments:

Kim said...

I hope you both feel better soon!! Im glad to see you still lost some lbs. Keep it up and let me know if you need anything. Try to have a good day and a great week.

Jess said...

Thank you! :) Will do. They had to reschedule my tests for next Tuesday so I'm bummed about that but what are you going to do? I just wanted to have more answers soon. *sigh*

InWeighOverMyHead said...

good job on your loss and keeo us posted about your heart!